Thursday, March 06, 2008

Weekly Game Blog - March Week 1

Getting Wife to Let You Play More
A constant issue that ruins every mans game night...that is right...the wife. She can be your enemy on Friday night when you run up to your controller as if it is your secret lover. She can see the passion in your eyes as you did the first time you guys made sweet love by the fire.

So the questions "how do you get to play games and still be happily married"? Over the last few years I've tried all kinds of things. First, I would just turn on the game system and not even acknowledge she was alive. That didn't go over well.

The answer is really simple. You have to start a few days prior to game night. You know you have to help around the house, rub her feet, rub her back, go get her some candy, listen to her complain about some friend that she has that is nuts and you still can't figure out why she talks to her still and of course all those other things that go with marriage.

So the answer: You have a dedicated game night, right? So you need a dedicated date night with your wife. You can't have that day after game night...so hopefully you can do something during the week. And last but not least. You know those things you hate when your wife asks you to do them? Well...just don't open your mouth and do them if it is within three days of game night or she will give you living hell.

If your wife is prego...then I can't help you much. You are pretty much her slave for 9 months. Maybe two date nights. Make sure you tell her...were going to this place.....that way she can tell you where she really wants to go. Don't go and just ask her....bad bad bad things happen when they are pregnant.

RockBand Haunting

I keep looking at RockBand in the store. It keeps calling me saying "you need to buy me"....

Of course then it is followed by my wallet saying "are you #@$@%#$ nuts...you shouldn't burn that much money on one freaking game".

I have a real drum set, real guitar and real mics in the basement. For some reason they get ignored but I bet I would end up playing rock band more.

Polling Clan
We should start getting info on who is going to buy the latest games. I'm going to setup a poll to see who is buying Vegas 2. I actually heard this will be the end of Rainbow Six, but perhaps that is a rumor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

From what I have heard is that Vegas 2 will be the last Rainbox Six in Vegas. There will be more Rainbow Six.

That said, I still won't get the next R6.

Get Some Games!